If you know me personally or you read my writing on a regular basis, then you probably know that I am a truly blessed person.
Not only have I managed to become a successful businessman in the United States as a first generation immigrant from Pakistan, but I truly could not ask for a better personal life, either.
It is around this time of year that I really sit down and think about just how lucky I am and how much I am legitimately thankful for.
- I am thankful for my children, my three beautiful daughters and my son. All have been an amazing blessing in my life and their successes are eclipsed only by their incredible character.
- I am thankful for my businesses and how they have helped me live the American dream in a country that allows for somebody like me to carve out a successful life for himself from scratch.
- I am thankful for all the employees I have working so hard all year doing their part to help my ventures be a success. No CEO can achieve his goals without a great support staff, and the men and women who work with me are the best people I could ever hope to have by my side.
- I am thankful for the American International School System, which I founded as a way to help young children in my birth city of Lahore, Pakistan receive a first class education. Many children in Lahore that I grew up with did not get that opportunity, and this is my way of trying to make sure that as many of today’s children in Lahore get the chances that many of my childhood acquaintances did not get.
- I am thankful for living in the United States, the greatest country in the entire world. This truly is the land of the free and a place where you can accomplish anything as long as you are willing to work hard enough.
- I am thankful for the brave men and women overseas serving in our armed forces. Without these incredible people protecting us everyday at the risk of losing their own lives, we would not be free to live free, something we take for granted far too often.
- I am thankful for the amazing people working in law enforcement who, like those in the military, spend their days and nights protecting us from domestic harm from criminals and removing offenders of our justice system from society so they can no longer damage others. These dedicated men and women sacrifice so much to keep our society orderly and safe and they deserve to be commended for it much more than they usually are.
- And of course I am thankful for President Trump and having a strong leader in the White House. When I was a young man, Ronald Reagan made a gigantic impression on me that I never forgot by putting America’s interest first and creating a blueprint for our nation’s prosperity. That blueprint was sadly ignored until President Trump was sworn in almost two years ago. This country has long needed a man like him to bring us back to what works so well, and I could not have asked for better results so far.
- I am thankful for my Jewish faith and my position as Vice President of the American Jewish Congress. Jack Rosen has been a phenomenal leader, helping to bring the organization to new heights and my personal faith and pride have continued to grow by being able to serve alongside him.
- And last but not least, I am thankful for all the great friends and family members in my life, many of whom read these writings everyday. You are all an incredible gift and I thank God for your continued presence in my life every single day.